Exclusive interviews continue from Garrett Moon’s book, 10X-Marketing Formula, which features top marketing professionals who uncover uncommon marketing mindsets, methods, and growth strategies.
In this episode, we’re talking to John T. Meyer, CEO and co-founder of Lemonly, which is a visual marketing firm. John started Lemonly as a way to educate people about how digital media is a way to reach customers, and eventually the business ended up specializing in infographics. Lemonly helped build and pioneer the infographics industry, and it has evolved into visual storytelling - the secret sauce.
Some of the highlights of the show include:
- Humans are visual creatures bombarded by messages; infographics make the world less noisy and confusing
- Infographics transitioned from visualizing data to a storytelling formula, where there is a beginning, middle, and end
- Core types of stories offer familiarity and ability to predict what will happen
- Lemonly starts with content by creating an outline that features the goal, 3 main points, and summary/call to action
- Web of Content: Where will content live to connect and hook pieces on mediums
- Issues related to driving traffic through visuals on various social media mediums
- Visuals grab people’s attention, but you need a good story for ROI
- Other options available, but Lemonly offers person-to-person relationships
- Examples of 10X ROI results from visual content
- Infographics fail and don’t live up to full potential when delivery is blurry, squished; don’t do all that work, and then stumble at the end
Write and send a review to receive a CoSchedule care package