Do you suffer from shiny object syndrome? It’s difficult to not become enamoured with the latest marketing tactics, trends, and technologies. We are distracted by them because they may offer hope or promise 10X-ing marketing results. Instead, stay focused on helping your business grow to generate revenue!
Today, my guest is Kieran Flanagan, vice president of marketing and growth at HubSpot. Kieran uses traditional marketing methods to help HubSpot and other brands generate additional traffic and revenue. We discuss how to create predictable and product-driven growth.
Some of the highlights of the show include:
- Challenge to sustain growth is more difficult as a business gets bigger
- Find new ways from existing channels or brand new channels to grow from
- People, products, and businesses change; adapt marketing sales plans
- Strategic Growth: Think logically about how to grow into being a big company by providing good products and customer experience
- Develop scalable distribution plan and use search engines to find right product fit
- 3 Stages of Fit: Product market, product channel, and ROI
- Growth Power Law: 60-70% of growth comes from one or two channels
- Build out next 12 months of growth, and predict where it’ll come from
- Keyword Search: What product does and solves
- How to choose best acquisition channel and strategy for scalability
- Establish and measure goals and expectations for different channels
- Develop work culture that embraces failure; experiment by taking small risks
- Keep remote team engaged, focused, and motivated by being clear on goals and proactive with communication