When you were younger, who did you go to when you had a tough question? Your single source of truth - your dad. These days, when people have questions, they ask a search engine. They go to Alexa!
There are big questions that companies are afraid to answer. As marketers, are you listening to questions your customers are asking? Are you answering the right questions? Today, my guest is Marcus Sheridan, author of They Ask You Answer.
Some of the highlights of the show include:
- Premise of Book: Business philosophy of how buyers think, questions they ask, and how they want to learn and buy
- Elements of Success: Seen as a teacher and trusted voice in your space
- Many of us think and speak like marketers; be honest when creating content
- Big 5 subjects that determine what people buy and companies don’t want to address; cost-based, negative/problems, comparison, best of, and reviews
- Let customers learn from you, not someone else; consumer ignorance is no longer a viable sales and marketing strategy
- Stop mindset of digital marketing as an expense and sales team as revenue
- Get leadership to understand concepts/results of sales and marketing initiative
- Marketer Psychology: Prophet to world, but no one listens to you in hometown
- Why are you producing content? For marketing or sales? Falsehood of too much
- Emails should include education; refuse to be average