What separates the best managed and most successful marketing teams from the rest? How are they leaving you in the dust? What are the strongest predictors for success?
Today, my guest is Ben Sailer, content marketing lead at CoSchedule. We talk about our 2019 State of Marketing Strategy Report. CoSchedule surveyed more than 3,000 marketers to find out what they’re doing to be successful.
Some of the highlights of the show include:
- Inception and process behind State of Marketing Strategy Report
- Why do original research? Why put in so much time, effort, and energy?
- Generate your own data, instead of borrowing statistics
- How do you stack up? Sense of doing ok, but room for improvement to crush it
- 5 Marketing Insights about Top Marketers:
- Being Organized: They’re confident about their organizational skills; 397% more likely to report being successful
- Setting Goals: They know which goals drive success; 376% more likely to report being successful
- Documenting Strategy: It needs to be nimble and actionable, not detailed and lengthy; 313% more likely to report being successful
- Planning Projects: Be clear about what needs to be done, by who, and why; 356% more likely to report being successful
- Using Agile Methodology: Marketers implement it to manage projects and processes; 252% more likely to report being successful