Do you work alone, or as part of a content marketing team? Do you have a strong content marketing presence? How do you measure content marketing success? Learn from marketing content engines that do it right.
Today’s guest is Jennifer Pepper, head of content marketing at Unbounce. She describes how to build successful content marketing teams and processes. It's easy to get mesmerized by marketing technologies, but most marketers focus on strategies and goals to stay organized and productive.
Some of the highlights of the show include:
- Unbounce: Leading landing-page platform with drag-and-drop feature to easily make changes and better control conversions
- Content Strategy: Driven by marketing team’s strategy, needs, and best practices
- Balance and Alignment: Marketing strategy with business to prioritize content
- Content Machine: Set foundation, create funnel, and focus on content services
- Content Updates vs. Neverending Creation: Serve everything, and keep it fresh
- Different Departments: Work well with others to align content marketing priorities
- Unbounce’s Future Goals:
- Attract target segments with core content that’s difficult to replicate
- Regain organic traffic
- Improve discoverability of evergreen content
- Become exceptional at multimedia content
- Makeshift Marketing: Who’s doing what? Using what tools?
- Content Creation Process: Editorial calendar for blog, roadmap for long-term projects, and project manager to keep staff on schedule
- Team Size Matters: Requires ruthless prioritization and alignment on projects
- Defining and Measuring Success: Monthly results for direct and organic traffic, number of new subscribers, and keyword positioning on Google
- Psychological Safety Net: Supportive and fun culture of content marketing team
- Competition-free Content: Stand out by creating useful, value-add, quality, and compelling content that can’t be replicated