What did 447 marketers identify as the top benefits of an agile marketing approach? Helps team change gears quickly; provides better visibility into status of projects; finds roadblocks sooner; and produces higher quality work.
Today, my guest is Andrea Fryrear, AgileSherpas co-founder and agile marketing consultant. We’re revealing the results of the 2nd Annual State of Agile Marketing Report.
Some of the highlights of the show include:
- Agile Marketing: Transitioning from traditional marketing pieces to short-term, high-quality, flexible work delivered rapidly and focused on the customer
- Emphasis put on experimentation and validated learning through small, empowered, autonomous marketing teams
- Marketers moving to agile framework to increase productivity, improve prioritization, and allow time to be innovative and creative
- Common practices include daily stand-ups and using tools to visualize work
- One-third of respondents are agile marketers; 50% are traditional marketers; and 15% are ad-hoc marketers
- 50% of traditional marketers want to implement agile marketing approach in 2019
- 54% of agile teams use a hybrid approach
- Agile aids interpersonal issues; creates better colleagues and work/life balance
- Processes, project management tools, and education assist agile adoption
- Overcoming agile skepticism; process of change is less painful than status quo
- Favorite shifts between 2018 and 2019 reports; marketers are getting educated and thinking for themselves
- Andrea’s Advice on Agile Approach: If you can’t fix it, make it visible