Content marketing isn’t only blogs, Webinars, guides, and podcasts. All content is meant to convert prospects and attract continued interest from existing customers. It costs more to convert new customers than to retain existing ones. While inbound marketing remains popular, how are you providing value to current customers?
Today’s guest is Leah DeKrey, customer marketing lead at CoSchedule. Customer marketing helps existing customers accomplish the dream they were sold by finding continuous value within products and services. Beyond knowing the features and functions, they can achieve outcomes. Provide value through content marketing for every customer experience—from beginning to end.
Some of the highlights of the show include:
- What is customer marketing? Helping existing customers quickly find the most value in your company’s products and services to be successful
- Sales Funnel: Traditional method neglects marketing process to retain current customers; multi-step process retains customers to turn them into advocates
- Where does customer marketing fit in the sales scheme? Difference between ‘support’ vs. ‘help’ documentation
- Funnel from Top-down: Customer marketing coincides with inbound marketing to bring in and nurture prospects via marketing automation to become customers
- Customer marketing content can include workbook guides and video tutorials/courses on how to be a successful CoSchedule user
- Delivering Customer Marketing: Email and marketing automation require creative and strategic options; Facebook ads produce mixed results
- Let Your Voices be Heard: Be the voice of the market for the marketing team and the voice of the customer to the marketing team