While staying at home and practicing social distancing due to the COVID-19 pandemic, why not learn a new skill? Translate your marketing content for international audiences. If more people can read your content, more will understand your mission and buy your products/services.
Today’s guest is Adrian Cohn, Brand Strategy and Communications Director at Smartling. If you want your content to be translated accurately and resonate with customers, focus on localization.
Some of the highlights of the show include:
- Translation and Localization: What’s the difference?
- Localized Experience: Where’s the best pizza or hot dog? New York or Chicago?
- Multiple Markets: Localize content if operating in different regions
- Content Localization: Speak the language to embrace local culture on product
- Mistakes/Myths: Scale of problem, language translators, and searchable content
- Audience: Who they are, what they need, where they reside, language they speak
- Top 3 Tips:
- Understand your business goals
- Identify staff resources to enable process
- Measure and communicate results with team