Everyone’s on social media, right? It may sound crazy, but that’s not exactly true. Some people delete personal and/or professional profiles to simplify marketing and grow their business.
Today’s guest is John Meese from Platform University. John is one of few marketers and entrepreneurs without personal social media profiles. Why? He has his reasons.
Some of the highlights of the show include:
- Social Media Marketing Strategy: No personal accounts, only business channels
- Platform University: Simplify online tactics by focusing on what generates results
- Training: Take expertise online via blogs, podcasts, or YouTube channel
- Social Media: Like it or not, or like it too much?
- Professional vs. Personal: What does this do for my business? For myself?
- Digital Detox: Focus on what you should be doing and what needs to change
- Social Media Accounts: Fear Of Missing Out (FOMO)?
- Delete by Default: Evaluate social media channels to know if they grow business
- Why use social media to grow business? Most visible, but not most effective tool
- Competitors: Correlation into causality doesn’t always lead to business success
- People vs. Platforms: Create real solutions to real problems for real people
- Coffee Shop Metaphor: Be different, relatable, and caring to create connections