There are some companies that have extremely high standards for the industry that they’re in. When it comes to content teams, one of the best is Intercom. Today we’re going to be talking to Geoffrey Keating, an editor for the Intercom content team. He’s going to let us in on his secrets when it comes to the jobs-to-be-done theory, how to create unique content, and how keep yourself on schedule by planning and prioritizing.
Some of the highlights of the show include:
- Information about Intercom and what Geoffrey does there.
- Thoughts on crafting a message that reaches the readers where they are.
- The types of content and marketing collateral produced by Geoffrey’s team.
- How a small team gets all of the work completed that needs to be done.
- Why Geoffrey shies away from calling himself a content marketer.
- What Jobs-to-be-Done is and how it can help people create better content and better reach and engage with their target audience.
- The four main “buckets” that the Intercom team draws its ideas from when developing unique content.
- Geoffrey’s best advice for marketers who are not happy with the status quo.
Geoffrey on LinkedIn