A sales and marketing funnel is when people have an awareness of your brand and move closer to a buying decision. You want them to know, like, and trust you, so there is enough value for them to become your customer. What does your customer’s journey look like?
Fortunately, today’s episode features Daniel McGaw, the founder of Effin Amazing and creator of UTM.io. Daniel is a conversion rate optimization and sales funnel expert. Find out about the magic you can get from links and how to increase Website and content conversions. What are the superpowers of what can be done with a link when shared online?
Some of the highlights of the show include:
- Urchin tracking module (UTM) tags are bits of code you can add to the end of any link; it’s the only universal tracking method available
- Daniel’s product offers presets for teams to keep tags consistent
- Most entrepreneurs think about business in the wrong way; they focus on the logo, brand, mission, and other factors before they acquire customers
- Daniel thinks of business this way: Where is the demand? Do we have a customer? If we have a customer, then we have a business.
- How Effin Amazing got its name and gets a lot of attention
- Don’t ask for tons of information; just get an email address to optimize for leads
- Funnel Anatomy: Awareness, top of funnel (TOFU), middle of funnel (MOFU), bottom of funnel (BOFU), and referrals of the funnel (ROFU)
- Daniel’s company uses the Velocity/Impact/Confidence/Easy (VICE) framework to map a funnel, which includes documenting information, developing strategies, and building benchmarks
- Evaluate your team’s skills and abilities to augment VICE scores
- Most marketers and businesses go wrong when they expect people to buy too quickly; and do not get enough email addresses - email is king and the lynchpin to success
- Learn more about your customers during the funnel stages, and try to educate them