Do you open your Inbox only to see several emails asking for the same thing? To link to someone else’s content? Instantly, you move them to the Trash folder. Email outreach can actually work and complement your inbound marketing efforts. But your emails need to not be anything like the random ones that you throw away.
Today, we’re talking to Ian Cleary of RazorSocial and OutreachPlus. He is an amazing inbound marketer, who has discovered that complementing inbound tactics with outbound email outreach can help you build relationships, increase brand authority, and boost your backlink profile. To do it well, you need to think about personalized connections, providing value to them, and starting small. Everything you will learn about email outreach from Ian is pure gold. It works, and it can help you reach your goals.
Some of the highlights of the show include:
- Definition of Email Outreach: An email outreach tool helps you reach out to subscribers, a new audience, a smaller audience, or a group of influencers
- Send highly personalized emails to promote content or generate leads
- Benefits of email outreach include building your brand, driving relevant traffic to your site, promoting your content, and growing your authority
- Cold email outreach works by with highly personalized, relevant, and very targeted emails
- Provide something of value; deliver brief, quality content
- Conduct research to make sure you are reaching out to the right target audience
- Don’t think about selling, but about starting a conversation
- Ways to find influencers and build relationships, develop relevancy
- Following Up: Send two emails and then stop; don’t be annoying or damage relationships
- Outreach Criteria: Look for opportunities to engage and interact with Websites with a higher authority to get valuable links
- Tactics that work to complement outreach efforts include getting onto social media, sharing content, and looking for opportunities to interact; when reaching out, reference a conversation, interaction, or piece of content
- Highest converting outreach for Ian is guest posting; invite people to be a part of the blogs you’re writing
- When getting started with email outreach - start small, build the skill, and get better at it over time to be successful