Want to provide a better experience for your prospects and customers, and make your work life a little more efficient at the same time? That’s the dream behind marketing automation. It’s about delivering the right messages to the right people in the most effective way.
Today, we’re talking to Chris Davis, director of education at ActiveCampaign. He teaches us that marketing automation goes beyond email marketing and shares ideas on how you can improve your customer experience with automation.
Some of the highlights of the show include:
- Marketing automation is the process of employing technology to execute a marketing strategy
- Hire and train each tool that you use in marketing to solve a problem
- Owners wear many hats; marketing automation lets them do more of what they want to do in their business, than what they have to do
- Examples of automation include someone filling out a form and your company following up or giving away something for free to obtain email addresses
- Biggest mindset shift to automation is looking at your platform not as a way to send out emails, but as a way to collect data
- Sole purpose of marketing automation is to scale personalization and make people feel individualized; automation allows you to sort or segment contacts
- Before doing anything technical, define segments in your business; who are you going to be talking to? First 2 segments: customers and non-customers
- Simple things become complex when understanding isn’t in close proximity; most businesses struggle to understand marketing and technology
- Email can be the channel or means in which a message travels; send a message to customers to break the barrier of technology
- Marketing automation qualifies customers and determines who should follow-up with them; automation serves as a facilitator
- People prefer to buy online, rather than going into a store; their guards are down, but everybody still wants to be treated like a human being and individual
- Outsourcing marketing can be a mistake; you may need someone internal to your business that is involved in the day-to-day to unleash your marketing
Write and send a review to receive a CoSchedule care package