Marketers are in the business of creating content. They’re modern-day publishers. However, up to 70% of content that they create goes unused.
Today, my guest is Randy Frisch, author of the new book, F#ck Content Marketing: Focus on Content Experience to Drive Demand, Revenue, & Relationships. Also, he’s the co-founder, president, and CMO of Uberflip. He identifies how to break bad content marketing habits and adapt personalization to marketing.
Some of the highlights of the show include:
- Content is at the core of marketing strategies; Uberflip empowers marketers to take control of created content assets and mesh them into their marketing efforts
- Randy’s book is not meant to throw shade at content marketers, but capture his passion and take on the “broken” status of the content marketing industry
- What is unused content? Content that’s created and posted, but never leveraged on a day-to-day basis in marketing
- Definition of content marketing to create content to attract a clearly defined audience and drive profitable customer action is too narrowly focused
- Content marketers need to start putting the right content in front of the right people for that encounter to be a great experience
- Real-life examples of what content marketers are doing right and wrong; tell a story that connects with customers
- Content marketers feel pressured to produce content, but they’re not the only ones responsible for customer experience
- Tactics and tools for the personalization of content and marketing at scale
- Content Experience Framework: Centralize, organize, personalize, distribute, and generate results
- Evolution of Content: People who want to go beyond content creation and think more strategically by teaming up with colleagues
Write a review on iTunes and send a screenshot of it to receive a cool CoSchedule swag bag!