Which mentors and managers helped shape and influence you the most through the years? Who made you a better person and marketing professional? Are most of them smart, talented women? According to the Association of National Advertisers, 67% of the marketing industry is female.
Today, my guest is Jodi Duncan, president of Flint Group. We discuss the current climate and ecosystem for women in marketing and business. What are some of the current challenges and opportunities that women face?
Some of the highlights of the show include:
- Marketing agency trends and adapting to them - biggest challenge is the digital movement; expectations and pressure related to measuring ROI and spending
- How to evaluate, identify, and implement tools and technologies for clients; don’t overlook the client’s objective and what they’re trying to do
- Creating content and related messages, then effectively communicating content through multiple channels that have different parameters
- Challenges of creating authentic content experiences; voice should match brand
- Flint’s best strategies to do high-quality work for clients and be a place where people want to work; communication is critical
- Progress needs to be made regarding concept of women in leadership and business; Women in Business blog series shares lessons and accomplishments
- Are you a good bitch, or a bad bitch? Women don’t always support each other; difficult for women to get leadership position and not be branded a bitch
- Show support and make an impact via direct conversations to address issues
- Men just need to ask women to participate, include them, and offer opportunities to express their opinions
- Women entering the workforce need to pay attention, watch, learn, ask questions, and speak up