Marketers spend a lot of time, energy, and money building their social networks to connect with, engage, and share information with followers. How much should you invest in a platform and measure what you’re getting out of it?
Today, my guest is Shonali Burke, founder and leading instructor of Social PR Virtuosa and president and CEO of Shonali Burke Consulting. She encourages marketers to think about their social networks as a social community and shares how to connect with your social community to add value and meaning to your network, product, or service.
Some of the highlights of the show include:
- Plan, Paine, and MySpace: Community being generated through social space
- Is traditional public relations (PR) dead? Perception and transformation of PR
- Putting people back into public relations; getting to the heart of who somebody is and what’s important to them
- Trend of natural marriage between social media and PR; companies taking initiative and making changes to company culture
- Purpose and Mission: How to use and leverage social media to grow authentic communities and make people’s lives better, easier, and more fun
- Two places to find stories: Customers and Company
- First step to building and activating audience; what you’re asking them to do, why
- How to measure ROI; depends on goals and data
- Most common mistake made by PR professionals and strategists