How long is your commute to work? Maybe 15 minutes or more, depending on traffic, weather, and other factors? Some marketers get to just roll out of bed and go to their home office. According to Upwork, 63% of companies now have remote workers and almost 50% use freelancers. How does remote working affect productivity, collaboration, and organization of marketing teams and businesses?
Today, my guest is Nathan Hirsch, FreeeUp founder and CEO. We talk about decisions and tactics to consider, if your company wants to embrace a remote working environment.
Some of the highlights of the show include:
- Short Version of Entrepreneurial Story: Broke college student to starting an Amazon business to owning a freelancer marketplace
- FreeeUp helps businesses grow by knowing when, who, and how to hire
- Managing and working within remote teams effectively
- Pros and Cons: Access to talent, overhead costs, flexibility
- Commitment to Communication: Nothing gets lost or misinterpreted
- Put plans and tools in place to avoid potential pitfalls
- FreeeUp’s Expectations for Freelancers: Skill, attitude, and communication
- Remote Culture: Separate office spaces, but on the same page
- Hiring always involves risk and reward; build trust and relationships
- Levels and Skill Sets: Basic (followers), Mid (doers), and High (experts)
Write a review on iTunes and send a screenshot of it to receive cool CoSchedule swag!