CoSchedule surveyed more than 3,000 marketers, and the results are in! Marketers want to publish more, complete everything on time, and prove their value to stakeholders. So, why do some marketers still use single-function tools, multiple platforms, and spreadsheets? These workarounds strangle your productivity and prevent you from reaching your goals. How can you overcome the madness of makeshift marketing?
Today’s guest is Libby Hall, vice president of client services at Unearth, a digital public affairs agency. Libby describes how she found success despite makeshift marketing and shares suggestions on team development and project management.
Some of the highlights of the show include:
- Remember life before hashtags? From Foursquare to five people in Fargo on Twitter to being bit by public affairs bug in sunny Sacramento
- Cutting-edge digital tools, systems, processes, and teams help expand, grow, and scale services
- Marketers struggle with single source of truth and visibility across campaigns
- Evolution of what worked in the past, and transformative shift to being agile
- Measure changing situations and data to improve results and optimize what works best right now
- What do you want to accomplish? Document strategies, plans, goals, objectives
- Elements of Successful Processes: Provide value, allow flexibility, and be accountable
- Put out fires and urgent pop-up activities: Bring in more resources/team members; simplify deliverable; and work extra hours
- What’s the right number for volume of communication to make an impact? Set measurements for success, and find benchmark to work from
- Google isn’t a substitute for experience, but it’s the next best thing; do research and be prepared
- Don’t underestimate power of curiosity: Encourage, support, and mentor others