CoSchedule’s blog and content engine generate more than 1 million views and 20,000 leads every month. How do we do it? Listen and learn.
Today’s guest is Leah DeKrey, content marketing strategist and blog manager at CoSchedule. To know that a million people read the blog posts she writes every month is terrifying, thrilling, and core to CoSchedule’s growth.
Some of the highlights of the show include:
- Reasons for Successful Blog:
- Corporate and managerial buy-in
- Standards of performance
- Blog Posts: Be different than the rest, as the best
- Performance Pillars for Blog Posts:
- Comprehensive; at least 3,000 words
- Content upgrade/value-add included
- Keyword Domination Strategy: Drive content by Googling around to search and seek high-volume, low-difficulty keywords
- Measure Success of Content and Blog: Give it time because reaching the top doesn't happen overnight and takes patience
- What you know now: College system is ripe for disruption, real world is where you learn 90% of what you do
- Tools to Try: Ahrefs, Google Analytics, and KISSmetrics